Friday, August 17, 2007

sunset ride & makers mark (&charlie's)

It's been so hot here in Ky., record-breaking heat up to 100 degrees!!!

Finally this evening it got down to 85, and i took a short ride to get a good photo op on the big orange ball of a sunset. Well, I missed it, as I was in a valley when it happened, but I did take the pretty road to Makers Mark in Loretto, and decided to take pictures for ya awl! I helped restore that stonework in the late 70's. It's about 10 miles from our town home and 10 miles from our country cabin. Come visit and we'll take ya there!

Then I went by the local biker bar in Raywick , Charlie's, and good ole Carlos was seranading everyone. Sadly, most bikes around here are Harleys and cruisers but we are teaching them about BMW's! LOL! Stayed for 2 songs and headed home.

Charlie is the guy next to Carlos, and he makes the best burgers in the world! That's Gary with the crutches. He was born with cerabal palsy but it doesn't slow him down much. Love my moto lights. they sure light up the darkness. I also like that little button on the left handle that can flash the headlights! Of course, my headlight modulator doesn't work at night, so I only flashed one car that tried to pull out in front of me tonight. Usually there are 2 or 3 during the day, and the modulator really helps.

It was really neat riding home. There were pockets of hot air, then pockets of really cool air. I don't know how that happens, but it was really neat.

mysticalma

Life is short! Don't be afraid to live it!

No comments: