Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'll move to KY

Blake looked just like this in the end of Ausust, 1985, when after coming down every weekend all summer, (started with June when Lisa sent him a graduation invitation.  We had worked together in insurance in Kansas City, Mo, 76-79.  Then I moved to KY.)  In this chair, he declared he was going to quit his big ass job and move  in with me in St. Francis, Ky.  I was making whole wheat pancakes at the time and thought, "Oh, man!  What have I gotten myself into now!"  Ha Ha Ha!  The best thing that happened to me since my kids were born!  Our plans were to build and live in a cabin in the woods on my land which is by Eftspan, our meditation and wildlife sanctuary.

Then mom had a stroke.  That changed our lives drastically.  We bought Ann's Chateau on Proctor Knott and have lived in this 1886 historical building in downtown Lebanon since 8.88.

He took over my "Need help, call  Mary  Ann" handy woman business and changed it to, "I'm Your Handyman!"  I was a little anxious about this, but had little choice as my full time job became my mom, Ann, and her rehab and care.  He loved it!  Growing up, he fixed things with his grampa who owned an apartment building, and returning to this made him wildly happy!  He was really good at it, too!



Now everywhere we go, he says, "I worked there!  I fixed something!"   Blake made many friends during this time and cherishes them all today!   Ryan, our dear departed brother-like friend, designed Blake's card, above.

I always said I took him from riches to rags, but he says this has been the happiest healthiest time of his life.  I sure am grateful to have him.  He's the worlds' greatest best friend and husband!  That's my thoughts for today.

If you are taking the time to read this, I know you are one of our loved and appreciated friends and family!  Thanx for being there for us!

No comments: