Wednesday, November 13, 2013

We've come a long way, baby!

Wed evening 11/13/13



Having a good week.  Peaceful, restful, and feeling good.  Put  our little Christmas decorations up early.   Blake is eating and sleeping well.  In this cold weather he says he is enjoying reading books he never had time to read.  Comfy in his chair, his 2 cats for sidekicks.

I cooked him his "scrapple" today.  His sister brought it last week from the east coast.  It's made up of pig snouts and all icky things  and he loves it.   I tried a bite.  That was plenty!  Since I have had cataract surgeries and have one more week of eye drops, I am wearing reading glasses which hang on my chest when not in use.

This afternoon I put them on to read something and here was a huge hunk of scrapple on the lens!  Jeez.

We are managing to keep ourselves laughing anyway!!

Our good buddy, Donna Mattingly, gave us the best homemade sausage we have ever had, and we enjoyed  eating that today, along with soup I made from her good garden veggies she generously gave us!

About to turn in now.  Feeling at peace.  I just cry a lot these days.  But I am counting my many blessings.  Family, friends, and love.  God is good.

No comments: